I managed to work out what I was thinking when I added applique blocks to the Tangled Irish Chain Blues project file … after my third coffee of the day!
I browsed through all the designs and found one with a little bit of quilting, or rather some black outlines of one of the applique designs. No thread colour, no hand quilting stitches, just black outlines, so obviously I was thinking about some virtual quilting, not virtual applique.
I found some green thread, changed the outlines to virtual stitches, then started mixing quilting as well as applique to the Tangled Irish Chains!
No more coffee for the day, as I was too busy playing with my favourite toy, Electric Quilt 7, and at the end of the day I had twenty five virtual quilt designs in the project file.