Copyright 2012 Judy ButcherAll words, pictures and diagrams on this site are covered by international copyright law. Please don't copy or pin anything on this site without permission. Sheesh, I can pin myself for real anytime!
- Patricia’s Patches 1, 2 February 7, 2016
- Brooksea Intro February 6, 2016
- EQ Dozen OP 45 February 5, 2016
- Patchwork Jigsaw 1131 2 Flock of Blue Birds and 3 Flock of White Doves February 4, 2016
- Log Jam 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 February 3, 2016
- A Whiter Shade on Antique Gold 1,1a February 2, 2016
- Dear, dear, It’s Quilted 7, 8 February 1, 2016
- Quilting at Eleven 6, 7, 8 January 31, 2016
- Autumn Daze Quilted 1, 2, 3, 4 January 30, 2016
- Ten Plus Mods 3 January 29, 2016
I am a quilter who uses a computer program to design way more quilts than I could ever make in several lifetimes.
The quilts featured on this site have never been made. No stash has been harmed in the process.
This site is a chance to show the un-used and un-seen designs to others, and occasionally share designs by making some EQ6 project files available by email on request.
Please note that my only association with the Electric Quilt Company is as a very satisfied customer.
I prefer to be in a tag free zone and award free area. I am just happy to know you came for a look.
- Making Handmade Books: A Folded Multi-Page Book January 30, 2016
- Shady Pine November 30, 2015
- Tree Hangup November 28, 2015
- Christmas Characters in the Kitchen November 28, 2015
- The tears flowed – 1776, Heartache, Heritage and Happiness. | I am Pam Holland October 28, 2015
Virtual Quilter’s Pattern Place
Category Archives: Double Wedding String of Beads
I like it. This is what can happen when you combine two old, familiar designs … and play. Every so often people ask me why I share a virtual quilt every day … the answer is simply that I may … Continue reading
What I like most about String of Beads is the versatility of those little shapes … they can be used in so many ways to create designs, and not just in strings I was looking for some blocks to become quilting … Continue reading
I love mixing traditional designs … in this case, Double Wedding Ring, which is well known, and String of Beads, which is rarely mentioned. I can sort of understand why it isn’t all that well known, because it first appeared … Continue reading
Lots of open space for quilting separated with lots of tiny scraps cut into little leaf shapes. Lots more tiny scraps, nowhere near as much space for quilting.
String of Beads has met Double Wedding Ring and they are now tangled together! Wish the chains in my jewellery drawer looked this elegant when they get tangled. All the beads are appliqued … and I suggest fusing and stitching … Continue reading
Some missing beads makes room for more quilting. Only one shape required for all the applique!
This design was created by mixing Double Wedding Ring with String of Beads. The hardest decision to make with making these designs is whether to use needle-turn or fused applique methods by hand or machine!
I love playing with traditional blocks to see what I can do with it. Sometimes I mix two, sometimes more, traditional blocks or concepts and see what happens. String of Beads became popular in the 1930s. The straight line blocks … Continue reading