Copyright 2012 Judy ButcherAll words, pictures and diagrams on this site are covered by international copyright law. Please don't copy or pin anything on this site without permission. Sheesh, I can pin myself for real anytime!
- Patch Play Quilted 1 and 2 April 21, 2015
- Stained Glass Early Project 13 April 20, 2015
- Wedding Fans OP 39 April 19, 2015
- White on Colour 2 April 18, 2015
- Toys 4 U Virtual Quilt 5005 April 17, 2015
- Aussie Animals Virtual Quilt 5004 April 17, 2015
- Posy Patch Virtual Quilt 5003 April 17, 2015
- Autumn Daze Virtual Quilt 5002 April 17, 2015
- 9 Patch ‘n’ Apps Virtual Quilt 5001 April 17, 2015
- After Pompeii 41 … Virtual Quilt 5,000! April 17, 2015
I am a quilter who uses a computer program to design way more quilts than I could ever make in several lifetimes.
The quilts featured on this site have never been made. No stash has been harmed in the process.
This site is a chance to show the un-used and un-seen designs to others, and occasionally share designs by making some EQ6 project files available by email on request.
Please note that my only association with the Electric Quilt Company is as a very satisfied customer.
I prefer to be in a tag free zone and award free area. I am just happy to know you came for a look.
- 271 Years Before Pantone, an Artist Mixed and Described Every Color Imaginable in an 800-Page Book | Colossal February 13, 2015
- Bear Back Christmas January 21, 2015
- Down Under Quilts Tree Trims January 20, 2015
- Christmas Card Tree Trims January 20, 2015
- Hanging Cards January 20, 2015
Virtual Quilter’s Pattern Place
Category Archives: Double Wedding String of Beads
What I like most about String of Beads is the versatility of those little shapes … they can be used in so many ways to create designs, and not just in strings I was looking for some blocks to become quilting … Continue reading
I love mixing traditional designs … in this case, Double Wedding Ring, which is well known, and String of Beads, which is rarely mentioned. I can sort of understand why it isn’t all that well known, because it first appeared … Continue reading
Lots of open space for quilting separated with lots of tiny scraps cut into little leaf shapes. Lots more tiny scraps, nowhere near as much space for quilting.
String of Beads has met Double Wedding Ring and they are now tangled together! Wish the chains in my jewellery drawer looked this elegant when they get tangled. All the beads are appliqued … and I suggest fusing and stitching … Continue reading
Some missing beads makes room for more quilting. Only one shape required for all the applique!
This design was created by mixing Double Wedding Ring with String of Beads. The hardest decision to make with making these designs is whether to use needle-turn or fused applique methods by hand or machine!
I love playing with traditional blocks to see what I can do with it. Sometimes I mix two, sometimes more, traditional blocks or concepts and see what happens. String of Beads became popular in the 1930s. The straight line blocks … Continue reading