When we shifted into one of ten houses we have lived in I found a piece of very old lino lining the bottom of a drawer. It was at the point of falling to bits, so I put it in a plastic bag for safe keeping … I liked the look of the design even if it was beyond any use.
I eventually got most of our belongings unpacked, then made some time to play with the shapes in the design. The blocks, all 150 plus of them, have been on file for a couple of years, but i had never actually designed a quilt with them.
So yesterday, while the world was fooling around because it was the first day of April, I fooled around arranging blocks, and finding that I had to convert some of the block designs into quilting motifs to fill in some spaces.
I can’t decide if the first or the third is my favourite for today.
At least I didn’t keep the lino filed away anywhere one I had drawn the basic blocks, as by then it had pretty much started crumbling to dust.