I have had adding some different beads to the String of Beads, and after slaving over the challenge I allowed myself some play time. I have added five new shapes so far, and some varying sizes.
I had a thought that I would make each different bead shape a different colour … that thought lasted about ten minutes and several new block designs before I broke that rule!
As soon as I started designing the quilts I started modifying the block designs to create the quilting motifs to fit around the applique.
Don’t know why I put off starting this project for so long … it has grown heaps in just one afternoon!