Checking through the folder with project files with blocks exclusively from Electric Quilt libraries, I found one with a whole heap of quilts in the original colours of the EQ Dozen project files. I was about to delete the file when I thought about trying some different colour backgrounds.
While I was playing I noticed that I had added an extra block to the dozen, which already included one modified version of the original blocks … so the file had outgrown the dozen, so renamed the file when I added the dark background and liked it enough to keep playing! (And added another block just because!)
I also gave myself to modify blocks, but not add any more blocks. I have to set myself some limits!
The first new modification is to the only modification made to any of the blocks from the original project file.
Perhaps an upright version of the new modification might be useful too.
So I had to change the original block, Comb, to make it match the parent block to the new variations.
I think this will be the new favourite project file to play with, at least for this week!
So far the original EQ Dozen has been tipped on point … quilted … had sashing added and partially disappearing … had the fabrics updated for the quilted version … and again for this new spin on the theme.