Another EQ6 Project file … this time I selected some blocks which looked like they would fit together nicely. Turns out that they didn’t fit together really well at all.
So, I did some redrafting, changing the blocks to just one grid, but using the features of each block design on the new grid.
The blocks certainly look different on their new grid and in their new coordinating colours.
I found quite a few variations too. Most are changes to where I used the colours, but in some I eliminated some of the seam lines as well.
Then I thought about quilting … and decided to do something different, very different for me anyway.
I would use an all over quilting design , but with a difference. I would use just the one pieced block design as the quilting design, not an unrelated design. And I will use it in every quilt design in the series.
Also note that I have eliminated the ditch stitching around the blocks. I want the blocks to be an all over design … not separate blocks.
The reason I went back to EQ6 … I lost access to EQ7 due to upgrading to Windows 10 without first deactivating EQ7 … followed by security working all too well! I was also distracted by real life being disrupted by Christmas, New Year, visiting, holidays, along with washing clothes, dishes, floors etc and all the other things which intrude into my virtual world from time to time.
EQ7 is now accessible again, but I have learned a few things I had forgotten about EQ6. It really was a good program … lacking the precision drawing tools I love, and now rely on to get accurate applique and quilting block designs in EQ7.