Over two days I spent about four hours playing in my sandpit.
I had some time to fill in, or maybe I just didn’t want to do the dishes, so I went to the block libary in Electric Quilt, found the Nine Patch blocks, selected eight of the most basic ones, drafted one that I couldn’t find there, and started playing! I used a minimum number of fabrics, and there are at most four variations in colouring in the blocks. All the layouts are straight, and there are no plain fillers except in the sampler. There is sashing matching the background fabric in the blocks, with contrast sashing squares in some quilts.
The blocks are shown here in a sampler quilt, but there were over 100 quilts in the project file, so expect them to keep cropping up from time to time!