Virtual Quilter’s Pattern Place
- Broomstick BuddiesI always knew there were better things to do with broom handles than sweep floors! Add some fabric, maybe some stuffing and some scraps of wadding for unique Christmas decorations.Some hand, some machine sewing, some gluing, some painting involved.
- New Pattern Timber T TreeA tree which will show off a wide variety of trims in a narrow space.
- TassellationsAll my scissors are easy to pick out at the end of a workshop ... every pair has at least one tassel.It is listed under Crafty Projects
- Champagne Poppers While cleaning up after New Years Eve look for those little plastic bottle shapes which go bang when a piece of attached string is pulled. Don’t pull the string on any unused ones too early or suffer the consequences. (Even if you didn’t have a drink others within hearing range may have!)
- A Cabin in Topeka 1Shopping list only ... with colour and outline layouts. Quilt Size 67 x 67 inches Pattern Sheets required ... available separately. Topeka Rose and variations 8 inch Log Cabin 8 inch These are pattern sheets only ... no instructions. They are also bargain priced ... $4Aus for all three. The block patterns will feature in future designs as well as this […]
- New Pattern ... Bundaleer Park86inches x 86inches Pieced and applique queen size quiltBundaleer refers to the reservoir, forest, creek and recreation area in the Mid North of South Australia. They are not all adjacent to each other, so I have used Park to group them all together.Tested by a friend, Margaret, from a virtual pattern ... one I had written without damaging fabric ... and her […]
- William and MicheleInspired by the work of William Morris and one of his greatest fans, Michele Hill. All applique can be worked by hand or machine, and instructions are given for both. Similarly, quilting can be by hand or machine. Size 66 inches (168 cm) square
- Bush GarlandsThis quilt revisits some patterns first published in Down Under Quilts several years ago, which have been tidied up and given a more up to date look with stronger colours than the original.The finished quilt is a great size for throwing over a lounge or placing on top of a double bed.Instructions for both hand and machine applique are included, also hand and […]
- Monet's Garden in Close-upThis design can be made in either 9 inch or 12 inch blocks regardless of the size of the project. The 12 inch blocks are more suitable for beginners, and will make a large quilt in a minimum amount of time. Smaller quilts will look more effective with 9 inch blocks, but it will take very little time to piece nine 12inch blocks. You may choose either size blo […]
- Ready for a HugSize 45 inches x 50 inchesThis Cuddle Rug designed for Kindy and Primary School children.Ideal cuddle rug which will sit on top of a single bed but could be hung on a wall.
- Broomstick Buddies
Copyright 2012 Judy ButcherAll words, pictures and diagrams on this site are covered by international copyright law. Please don't copy or pin anything on this site without permission. Sheesh, I can pin myself for real anytime!
I am a quilter who uses a computer program to design way more quilts than I could ever make in several lifetimes.
The quilts featured on this site have never been made. No stash has been harmed in the process.
This site is a chance to show the un-used and un-seen designs to others, and occasionally share designs by making some EQ6 project files available by email on request.
Please note that my only association with the Electric Quilt Company is as a very satisfied customer.
I prefer to be in a tag free zone and award free area. I am just happy to know you came for a look.
- Fountain | May 20, 2013
- Threading My Way: Fabric Letters… May 20, 2013
- Why I’m a No-Reply Blogger | Sews N Bows May 12, 2013
- Quilting Controversy May 10, 2013
- A Daddy’s Letter to His Little Girl (About Her Future Husband) — The Good Men Project May 9, 2013
Virtual Quilter’s Pattern Place
Category Archives: TNT Logs
Thick and Thin Log Cabin blocks, some made with the thin side in a dark contrast, some made all light. Lots of fun playing with the real blocks on a design wall, lots quicker to play with the blocks in … Continue reading
I know Christmas is over, but red and white can be used anytime! Besides, I have a few of these designs ready to use so it is a way of easing away from Christmas designs slowly, and it is the … Continue reading
Just add green to the rad and gold of the Cabin Fever series! The White Rose of Christmas. This one would make a lovely hooked rug for the floor! PS I am back … will get to reading and replying … Continue reading
Interesting ‘bowls’ balanced so carefully on the tips of the stars. Different! Very different! This one could be very pretty using different colours, different to the rather dramatic in these colours. . Not so sure about the solid centre now … Continue reading
Not too sure about those round blobs. Four of the blobs have been filled in and I like it much better. I have some reservations about this one. Better. Different and dainty!
There are some interesting features in the first Log Cabin variation for today, but it isn’t one of my favourites. I like some of this one too, but still not a winner. More interesting features but needs work! Like … Continue reading
Lots of logs, lots of applique, lots to like! Lots of logs, less applique, more room for quilting, still lots to like. Love this third one! One final one with lots to like!
Not your average Log Cabin Quilt design! This one isn’t your average Log Cabin Quilt design either!
All the blocks are Thick and thin Log Cabin blocks. I rather like the texture created by using all dark blocks. Last week was all red and white designs, this week I am having a Virtual Quilters Log Cabin … Continue reading