Virtual Quilter’s Pattern Place
- Broomstick BuddiesI always knew there were better things to do with broom handles than sweep floors! Add some fabric, maybe some stuffing and some scraps of wadding for unique Christmas decorations.Some hand, some machine sewing, some gluing, some painting involved.
- New Pattern Timber T TreeA tree which will show off a wide variety of trims in a narrow space.
- TassellationsAll my scissors are easy to pick out at the end of a workshop ... every pair has at least one tassel.It is listed under Crafty Projects
- Champagne Poppers While cleaning up after New Years Eve look for those little plastic bottle shapes which go bang when a piece of attached string is pulled. Don’t pull the string on any unused ones too early or suffer the consequences. (Even if you didn’t have a drink others within hearing range may have!)
- A Cabin in Topeka 1Shopping list only ... with colour and outline layouts. Quilt Size 67 x 67 inches Pattern Sheets required ... available separately. Topeka Rose and variations 8 inch Log Cabin 8 inch These are pattern sheets only ... no instructions. They are also bargain priced ... $4Aus for all three. The block patterns will feature in future designs as well as this […]
- New Pattern ... Bundaleer Park86inches x 86inches Pieced and applique queen size quiltBundaleer refers to the reservoir, forest, creek and recreation area in the Mid North of South Australia. They are not all adjacent to each other, so I have used Park to group them all together.Tested by a friend, Margaret, from a virtual pattern ... one I had written without damaging fabric ... and her […]
- William and MicheleInspired by the work of William Morris and one of his greatest fans, Michele Hill. All applique can be worked by hand or machine, and instructions are given for both. Similarly, quilting can be by hand or machine. Size 66 inches (168 cm) square
- Bush GarlandsThis quilt revisits some patterns first published in Down Under Quilts several years ago, which have been tidied up and given a more up to date look with stronger colours than the original.The finished quilt is a great size for throwing over a lounge or placing on top of a double bed.Instructions for both hand and machine applique are included, also hand and […]
- Monet's Garden in Close-upThis design can be made in either 9 inch or 12 inch blocks regardless of the size of the project. The 12 inch blocks are more suitable for beginners, and will make a large quilt in a minimum amount of time. Smaller quilts will look more effective with 9 inch blocks, but it will take very little time to piece nine 12inch blocks. You may choose either size blo […]
- Ready for a HugSize 45 inches x 50 inchesThis Cuddle Rug designed for Kindy and Primary School children.Ideal cuddle rug which will sit on top of a single bed but could be hung on a wall.
- Broomstick Buddies
Copyright 2012 Judy ButcherAll words, pictures and diagrams on this site are covered by international copyright law. Please don't copy or pin anything on this site without permission. Sheesh, I can pin myself for real anytime!
I am a quilter who uses a computer program to design way more quilts than I could ever make in several lifetimes.
The quilts featured on this site have never been made. No stash has been harmed in the process.
This site is a chance to show the un-used and un-seen designs to others, and occasionally share designs by making some EQ6 project files available by email on request.
Please note that my only association with the Electric Quilt Company is as a very satisfied customer.
I prefer to be in a tag free zone and award free area. I am just happy to know you came for a look.
- Fountain | May 20, 2013
- Threading My Way: Fabric Letters… May 20, 2013
- Why I’m a No-Reply Blogger | Sews N Bows May 12, 2013
- Quilting Controversy May 10, 2013
- A Daddy’s Letter to His Little Girl (About Her Future Husband) — The Good Men Project May 9, 2013
Virtual Quilter’s Pattern Place
Category Archives: Autumn Daze
Autumn days have arrived to the extent that the ugg boots have come out of storage, at least for the early mornings. I will be spending my waking days over the weekend sharing some words of wisdom, or maybe just … Continue reading
It has been awhile since I saved this design, and my first impression when I opened it up for a look was to delete it … boring. A second look and decided that it was well worth keeping. If you … Continue reading
I couldn’t resist having another play with this project file … now growing into a series which I will be able to use for many Christmas seasons ahead. Love this one! I think the virtual quilts here could be used … Continue reading
I wasn’t going to play with Autumn Daze until next Christmas … but couldn’t resist! Who says you ned patience to be a quilter? I guess I still need patience to make real quilts, but it only takes a few … Continue reading
Probably my favourite series so I am including it in the lead up to Christmas because the colours fit well. That’s my excuse anyway! Perhaps I would replace the dusky pinks with a clearer red. Love this last one!
Nearly summer, but I can see nothing wrong with a touch of autumn in a virtual quilt.
After a feast of red and white quilts, most with just two fabrics, I think I need lots of colours, lots of fabrics for today’s virtual quilt.
Simple on point layout, gorgeous results. Amazing techniques are available now which were not available when I started quilting, and pretty much any block design can be made up using your favourite technique. That dainty block I have used … Continue reading
This would look lovely on a bed, or as a tiled floor! Two more favourite designs from my favourite series!
Blue is not my favourite colour, but this series is making it more attractive